The IQAC of Sri YN College was established in 2004 as per the directions of UGC, to build, sustain, ensure and enhance a quality culture in the institution; and for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the college. Since its inception, the Cell has been a facilitative and a participative organ of the institution and has been striving to achieve academic excellence in the College.
Functions of IQAC:
- Arranging feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters in the prescribed format;
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges based on the AQAR; Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and• enhancement endeavours.
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of the Colleges for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The Colleges shall regularly submit their AQARs to the affiliating University, state level quality assurance bodies, NAAC / other accreditation bodies.
- All colleges shall submit AQARs and / or Quality Radars (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities as well as for hosting the AQAR.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.