The IQAC of Sri YN College was established in 2004 as per the directions of UGC, to build, sustain, ensure and enhance a quality culture in the institution; and for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the college. Since its inception, the Cell has been a facilitative and a participative organ of the institution and has been striving to achieve academic excellence in the College.
Functions of IQAC:
- Arranging feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters in the prescribed format;
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges based on the AQAR; Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and• enhancement endeavours.
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of the Colleges for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The Colleges shall regularly submit their AQARs to the affiliating University, state level quality assurance bodies, NAAC / other accreditation bodies.
- All colleges shall submit AQARs and / or Quality Radars (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities as well as for hosting the AQAR.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
Achievements in the last five years, i.e. 2016-2021:
- Research Centre—PAD, MBA
- Conducted National Seminars and Regional Seminars and workshops
- Staff have applied to UGC for Minor research projects
- Innovative practice:
- All the activities of the departments and the College, and the individual activities of the students and faculty are collected and published in the half yearly news letter Reflections