Academic Council is the Principal Academic Body of the Autonomous body of Sri Y.N. College and responsible for lying down, regulating and maintaining standards of the College with regard to examinations and results announcement in time. It has right to advise the Management on all academic matters. The decisions taken by the Academic Council will not be subject to any further ratification by the Academic Council or other statutory bodies of the College as per UGC Regulations.
Composition of the Academic Council
The Academic Council shall meet as and when necessary, but at least twice a year as per UGC norms. The term of the members of Academic Council is four years.
The following are the Academic Council members;
- The Academic Council consists of the Principal will be the Chairman of the Academic Council.
- Dean appointed by the College Management.
- Director of Dr. C,S.Rao P.G. Centre
- Controller of Examinations, Dy. Controller of Examinations and Asst. Controller of Examinations.
- All the Heads of Departments in the College
- Member Secretary of Academic Council
- Coordinators of all supporting services
- Two member from outside the parent University (Adikavi Nannaya University) to be nominated by the Academic Council.
- Not less than three experts from outside the College from Industry and Virtual Organisations.