HRD Centre (Skill Development & Placements) (Affiliated to Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation)
Sri YN College established a career guidance & placement cell in the year 2005 with a view to provide guidance for career development and placement of UG & PG students.In accordance with national policy on skill development, the centre is transformed into a full fledged HRD Centre for Skill Development training for unemployed youth in and around Narsapur in addition to our regular students. It was inaugurated on 30th Aug.2016 by the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of Adikavi Nannaya University Prof.M.Mutyala Naidu.
- To contribute its mite in the Nation’s set target of skilling unemployed youth and students.
- To provide training in employability skill to the unemployed youth and the students of the college
- To ensure a decent employment/career/self employment opportunities for students and unemployed youth in and around Narsapur town through Skill Development
- To Facilitate the students registration for various competitive examinations
- Guiding the students in creating e-mails, preparing resumes, net browsing, e-learning, online application registration etc.
- Arranging guest lectures, workshops on Personality Development and Career Guidance by eminent personalities.
- Organizing workshops and seminars by experts in Commerce, Banking and lndustry.
- Training in English Communication skills and Soft skills.
- Training in employability skills
- Coaching for competitive examinations
- Conducting campus placements regularly
- Getting the help of outstanding alumni for the employment of our students
- The following job oriented add-on evening courses are conducted every year
- Facilitated the students for online examinations
- It is contemplating on introducing a more short term, market oriented, demand-driven programmes in the near future
- The centre has also plans-training support, including mentoring for access to markets, credit and appropriate technologies, which is an important part of skill development strategy for self-employment
- Besides the above courses we are planning to introduce
Cell phone and tablet servicing, DTP.Garment making,Beautician course etc.
Infrastructure and Faculty Support
- Separate building with the necessary infrastructure to conduct skill development programmes
- A separate Career Guidance Library
- Separate computer lab with internet facility and INFLIBNET
- Kindles for competitive exams coaching
- Smart classrooms
- Support of well equipped UG Electronics & Computers labs and+2 Vocational Electrical and Electronics Labs.
- Support of Competent faculty in Electronics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mathematics, English and Business Administration Departments of the College