Profile of the Department
B.Vocational fashion technology and apparel designing Department was established in the year 2018. Vocational or skill based education is becoming more and more significant with passing time. BVoc(Bachelor of vocation) is an emerging course in India that aims at providing adequate skills required for a particular trade to candidates. The course is different from traditional academic programmes as it deals more with application-based studies rather than focusing on only theoretical knowledge.
BVoc is a three-year duration undergraduate course. One of the biggest advantages of pursuing BVoc against common degree courses is that a candidate has multiple exit points during the programme and continued industry exposure. This means that if a candidate is unable to complete his/her BVoc course she/he has is still awarded a diploma after successful completion of first year or advanced diploma after successful completion of second year. Apart from this, the work experience candidates gain during the course increases their chances of getting a job.
1. Kum I. Baby Sarojini, M.Sc.,
2. Kum G.Amrutha Rachana, MSc.,
3. Ms. T Meghana., B.Voc.,
Eligibility Criteria for B.Voc in Fashion Technology and Apparel Designing
- Students who have completed plus two are eligible to get admission in the B.voc course generally.
- Those who have qualified SSLC and completed two year of BSS Diploma course in Fashion technology are eligible to get admission to the second year of B.Voc course(3rd semester)
- Three years for those who enter into the course generally.
- Candidates who have completed relevant and equivalent course are possible to get admission through lateral entry scheme.
- To be creative
- An eye for color, texture and pattern
- The ability to visualize things in three dimensions
- Technical skills in areas such as pattern cutting, grading and garment construction
- To enjoy following trends in fashion and clothing
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Team work
- An eye for detail
- The Department is located on the first floor of the HRD Centre Building.
- Class room with SMART Board and Projector Facility
- Computer lab with 20 systems and 10 Mbps internet Facility
- Department library: 101 books are available in the department library
- Students Garment construction Laboratory with 8 JUKI Machines and 6 Domestic Machines
- Special lab for illustration and textile science with required equipment.
- The Department encourages students to participate in different fashion shows
- Our Department also conducts the workshops and guest lecturers.
- Class seminars
- project works
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion illustrator
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Coordinator
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Design Head
- Design Manager
- Designer-Home Textiles
- Designer – Leather accessories
- Designer-Home furniture
- Fashion merchandiser-Product development
- Costume Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Retail manager
- Assistant Designer
- Fashion Choreographer
Top Recruiting Fields/Areas
- Export Houses
- Garment Manufacturing Units
- Leather Companies
- Textile Mills
- Jewellery Houses
- Brand Promoting Units
- Media Houses
- Colleges & Universities
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing concepts
- Making sketches by hand or on the computer
- Developing patterns
- Overseeing production
- Analyzing trends in fabrics, colors and shapes
- Sourcing suppliers
- Selecting and buying fabrics and trims
- Adapting existing designs for mass production
- Supervising the making up of sample garments
- Quality control