DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
The department of Physics came into existence in the year 1949 with sir P V Somayajulu took charge as the Head of the department from 1949-1952. The department was succeeded by the heads by Sri B V S Suryanarayana took charge as HOD from 1952-1955, Sri D Bhagavanulu took charge as HOD from 1955-1958, Sri Y Sundarasiva Rao took charge as HOD from 1958-1990, Sri S Gurumurthy took charge as HOD from 1990-1994, Sri T S Prasad took charge as HOD from 1994-2002, Sri K L N Rao took charge as HOD from 2002-2012 & Dr A R S Kumar took charge as HOD from 2013-2017 & Dr A P V Appa Rao took charge as head of the department from 2017 to till to date. The department connected with different courses B.Sc MPC (TM), B.Sc MPC (EM), MPE (EM) and MPCs (EM).
Present faculty and Working Since:
1. Dr A R S Kumar, Working Since 22-10-1984
2. Dr A P V Appa Rao, Working Since 07-12-1993
3. Sri J Rama Mohan, Working Since 17-12-1993
4. Dr L Malleswara Rao, Working Since 22-08-1990
5. Sri P Ramakrishna Rao, Working Since 28-02-1998
6. Sri M Shankar, Working Since 08-09-2006
7. Kum A S Sai Jyothi, Working Since 01-06-2016
8. Sri G S D J Swaroop, Working Since 11-07-2016
9. Kum I Mounica Sri, Working Since 14-07-2011
10.Smt. P Rajeswari, Working Since 12-12-2017
12. Kum, G Suvarchala Devi, Working Since 28-06-2018
13. V. Durga Sandhya, Working Since 24-02-2021
14. Sri M Ranganayakulu, Working Since 30-07-2021
15. Sri A Rajesh, Working Since 04-08-2021
16. Sri K Naveen Kumar, Working Since 11-08-2021
17. Sri M Shankar, Working Since 08-08-2006
01. Sri K Satya Prakash – Record Assistant
02. Sri S Venkateswarlu – Attender
03. Smt R Aruna Kumari – Attender
Faculty members are actively participated in workshops / seminars and presented many number of papers in National and International journals.
The department Organised 03 National seminars sponsored by UGC from 2004 to 2014:
1. “Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics – The Present and Future” on 18th & 19th December 2004.
2. A National seminar on “Natural calamities – Role of Scientist and Administrators” on 2nd February 2008.
3. A regional seminar on “Recent trends in climatic changes and managing strategies” on 22nd February 2014.
Ornanised Seminars/Workshops from 2016 to 2022:
The department is located in an area of 187.42 sq.mts. or 8071 sq.ft. The lab is fully equipped to conduct B Sc – Physics practicals for all papers. A good number of old and new books more than 250 in department library.
The lab has an LCD, television, internet facility to watch the important lectures and scientific programmes for the better knowledge of students, which are transmitted by UGC and various Universities.
The department is equipped with sophisticated equipments. The department is also equipped with teaching aids like ICT facility with HDMI monitor, OHP, slide projector, atomic and molecular models, Crystal structures, and charts.
All the staff members are actively connected with academic, extension and extracurricular activities. The department members are nominated in various committees drafted by the Principal. Dr A R S Kumar is acted as Vice-Principal & Principal and NCC Officer. Dr A P V Appa Rao acted as controller of examination in autonomous & presently acting as Principal of the Prestigious College Sri Y N College, Narsapur. Department of Physics conducted various activities like Quiz, Field Trip, Guest Lectures and Student Seminars etc in every academic year.