Profile of the Department
The department of Hindi was established in the year 1956. Headed by Stalwarts in Hindi like Sri R.Sriramachandra Rao, Sri K.Rama Rao, Sri Bh.Suryanarayana Raju, Sri M.B.V.I.R. Sarma, Sri V.Subba Rao, Sri P.Sitaramayya, Dr.K.Siva Satyanarayana, Sri K.Bhaskaram and Dr.N.Satyanarayana, the competent faculty members of the department have created a brand name both for the department and the institution. Among these great personalities Dr.K.Siva Satyanarayana bagged good fame and name. He was a versatile genius. He wrote many books. He was given “Hindi Writers of Non-Hindi speaking areas” award in the year 2001-2002 for his book Hanuman Chalisa (Cash award Rs.50,000/-) from the then the Prime Minister Sri Atal Bihari Vajpayee in recognition of his significant contribution to the Hindi Language and Literature. His research work entitled “Hindi Aur Telugu Pratinidhi Kaviyom ka Tulanathmak Adhyayan” got much name and fame and also it stood as a bench mark for comparative study. Following the foot steps of Dr.K.Siva Satyanarayana, the present faculty member Dr.K.Nageswara Rao is doing his best to keep up their good work and also adopting himself to the fast changing trends in Hindi Language and Literature in tune with the growing importance of Hindi language and literature for all successful carriers.
Present Faculty and Working Since:
- Dr.Kumara Nageswara Rao, M.A.(Hindi), M.A.(Sanskrit), Ph.D., Working Since 18-09-1998.
Dr. K.Nageswara Rao is :
- Research Director – guided and awarded M.Phils – 2
guided and awarded Ph.D.,- 1
Evaluated M.Phil and Ph.D. theses of D.B.H.P.Sabha, Chennai, Dharwad and Hyderabad.
- Research projects completed – 2 UGC minor research projects.
- Guest Lectures Delivered – 10 Lectures delivered at various colleges.
- Books Published – 2 books published (study material for 1st year degree and 3rd year degree students) Distance Education Lessons for Andhra Univdrsity.
- Research Papers Published – 15 papers published in various National and International Journals.
- Translation work – translated “Telugu Vyakaranalu – Samalochana” written by Prof. S.Mohan Rao into Hindi titled as “Telugu Vyakaran – Ek Adhyayan published by A.P.Hindi Academy, Hyderabad.
- Papers presented at National Seminars – 19.
- Papers presented at International Seminars – 5.
- Member of BOS: He was a member of BOS of 9 autonomous colleges.
- As an academic advisor: Appointed by Commissioner of Collegiate Education to audit the colleges in the state and conducted academic audit to 5 colleges.
- As university representative: appointed by Vice-Chancellor, Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajahmundry as university expert nominee for the board of studies to 3 colleges.
- Radio Talks: Delivered two talks (Hindi Literature) through Gyanavani FM Radio, Visakhapatnam.
- The department has a departmental library with 216 books and a computer with internet facility.
- 10th World Hindi Conference : Attended and presented paper in the 10th World Hindi Conference held at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh from 10.09.2015 to 12.09.2015.
- Acted as Resource person to National Seminar in Hindi conducted by Saint Joseph Womens’ College, Visakhapatnam.