Profile of the Department
The Department of Commerce was established in 1954. Late Sri Vepa Krishna Murthy was the first member and the founder of the Department. He made stringent efforts for the establishment and development of the Department. In addition the members of the department namely Sri Bh.Jinendranath, Late Sri NSV Rama Sastry, Late Sri K.Sanyasaiah, Sri D.Mohana Rao, Sri M.Ramanujam, Sri M.Satyanarayana, Sri K.Rama Krishna Reddy and Sri C.Rama Bhadra Dhaveji made sincere efforts to maintain the stature of the department. As a result of their untiring efforts the department could withstand well and now it is able to run on progressive lines. At present, the department is enriched with competent staff who are qualified and experienced. It has good students strength and active alumni.
Present faculty and Working Since:
- Sri. B.Venkata Ratnam, M.Com., M.Phil., MBA, Working Since 23-07-2001
- Kum. R.V.Lakshmi Devi, M.Com., Lecturer, Working Since 31-08-2001
- Sri. P.Veeraswamy, M.Com., Lecturer, Working Since 18-11-2010
- Smt. D.Varalakshmi M.Com., M.B.A, Lecturer, Working Since 10-07-2014
- Smt. B.Kabitha Rani, M.Sc., M.Sc., M.S.,M.A., Lecturer, Working Since 17-06-2015
- Sri M.N.V. Durga Prasad, M.B.A, Lecturer, Working Since 20-07-2016
- Sri Shaik Alisha, M.B.A, M.Com, Lecturer, Working Since 14-06-2017
- Smt. P. Ganga, M.B.A., M.Com, Lecturer, Working Since 27-06-2018
- Kum. K. Sumathi, M.Com, Lecturer, Working Since 27-06-2018
- The Department has competent staff. B.Venkata Ratnam Incharge H.O.D of Commerce.
- The Department has good student strength.
- A new section was introduced in 2013 for B.Com Computers.
- Several Endowment prizes were constituted by the present and precedent members of the department to the meritorious B.Com students.
- It is pertinent to mention that a prestigious prize was constituted in memory of Late Sri Nekkanti Madhava Rao who worked as part time lecturer in Business Law. The prize consists of one Gold Medal, a memento and a Certificate to 2 students each from III B.Com EM & TM, who secured highest marks in Business Law.
- The department renders financial help to poor and needy students.
- It maintains good relations with alumni.
- The members of the Department make sincere efforts and motivate students to secure Pratibha Awards and Best Placements.
- Library – The Departmental Library has 125 BOOKS
- Internet facilities for staff and students:Internet facility is provided to the staff and students with Wi-Fi Connectivity.
- Total number of class rooms: 7+1
- Class rooms with ICT facility: There are 4 classrooms with ICT facility and smart boards.
- Students’ laboratories : Computer Lab is provided with 53 PCs having internet and LAN facility. Also it is provided with LCD Projector.
- Department: Department is provided with one PC having Wi-Fi Connectivity and 3 in 1 Printer.
- Varsha Jain and Ashika Jain III B.Com EM secured Pratibha Awards for the Academic year 2014-15.
- Raksha Jain III B.Com EM secured Pratibha Award for the Academic year 2015-16.
- B. Kiran Kumar , III B.Com TM received Best Volunteer Award from the Chief Minister Sri. N.Chandra Babu Naidu during Godavari Pushkarams August 2015.
- N. Raj Anish, II B.Com (Voc) participated in CATC-7(Combined Annual Training Camp) in 2015 and secured Gold Medal in firing.
- L.B.D.Saranya III B.Com (Voc) was selected in Campus Interview for Wipro in 2016.
- Ch. Naveen III B.Com (Voc) was selected for Infosys in 2016.
- N.Raj Anish, III B.Com (Voc) participated in CATC-4 in 2016 and secured Best Supporting Cadet Award and Gold Medal.