Profile of the Department
Sanskrit is one of the best languages in the world Sanskrit has vast literature i e Vedas, Brahmanas, Upanishats, Puranas, Ithihasas, Kavyas, Dramas, etc So, the Sanskrit language was approved as Second language in Intermediate course in the college from the very beginning i e from 1949 and from 1956 in degree courses. gggg
Pioneers of the Department:
Founder Member of the department Sri Vasa Subrahmanya Sastri worked as a Sanskrit Pandit for 5 years from 1950 to 1955. He was a well- versed scholar in Sanskrit Literature, He had Sahitya Vidya Praveena title.
After the retirement of sastri, Sri Bhamidipalli Sita Rama Murthy was appointed as a lecturer in the department on 29-07-1955. He worked in the department for 26 years from 1955 to 1981. He retired on 31-03-1981. He hailed from a small village Atreyapuram, East Godavari District. He obtained MA. (Skt)(Sahitya) Degree privately from the Banaras Hindu University He also got the certificates of Bhasha Praveena, Sahitya Vidya Praveena titles from Andhra University.
After the retirement of B Sita Rama Murthy, Sri Attili Gopala Krishnamacharyulu appointed in 1981. He worked for 9 years from 1981 to 1989 and also served the department more than 6 years (1976-78; 1989-1992, 1995-1996) He is a well-versed scholar in Sanskrit, Telugu and English Languages. He has immense knowledge in Sashitya, Vyakarana, Jyothisha and Agama Sastras, etc. He was born on 22-02-1929 at Kesavaranvillage, East Godavari District, He obtained MA. (Skt)(Sahitya) degreefrom Alighar Muslim University in 1965. He also gotM.A. (Telugu) Degree in 1969 and Bhasha Praveena title in 1961, Sahitya Vidya Praveena in 1964 from Andhra University He got B Ed degree also He wrote many books i.e. Andhree Kruta MukteeswaropaKhyanam, Dasa Rupaka Paddhathi, Vaikhanasa Mahima Manjari, etc. He received many awards Vaginaya Varasi, Sahitya Samrat, Vijuana Bhaskara, VAIKHANASAVIDWANMANI etc.
Present Faculty and Working Since :
- Dr.V.RAMALINGAM : Working Since 26-10-1984
- Dr. K.V.R.B. VARA LAKSHMI : Working Since 17-12-1993
- Sri R V Satyanarayana: Working Since 2019
- The Department has to participate in giving coaching to the students Bhagavatgita Competition every year. From 2010-2011 to 2015-2016.
- Under UCG-CPE Funds the Department has purchased 92 books above for the Departmental Library for the purpose of our students.
- In December 2014 on the occasion of Sanskrit Divas the Department has conducted recitation of Sanskrit Poems competitions for the Degree Students.
- In July 2015 on the occasion of “GODAVARI MAHA PUSHKARA” all the members of our Department are participated in N.S.S. Programme.
- Seminars attended by the Staff Members :
- Staff Members attended Board of Studies as Subject Expert in Various Colleges
- Dr. V. Ramalingam : 15
- Dr. K.V.R.B. Vara Lakshmi :10
- Staff Members attended Board of Studies as University Nominee :
- Dr. V. Ramalingam, University Representative : BOS, KGRL College (A), Bhimavaram
- University Representative of Sanskrit Subject for KGRL College (A), Bhimavaram, nominated
- Chairman of UG BOS (Sanskrit), Adi Kavi Nannayya University, Rajahmundry.
- University Representative / Nominee:
- Dr. V. Ramalingam, Chairman,BOS, Adikavi Nannaya University,02-04-2013,Dr.V.Ramalingam, Chairman, BOS, Adikavi Nannaya University,27-07-2017
- Dr.K.V.R.B. Vara Lakshmi has attended University Member at BOS,AKNU,Rajamahedravaram,18-07-2016.
- Dr. K.V.R.B. Vara Lakshmi has attended University Nominee at BOS, KGRL College,Bhimavaram,06-08-2016.
- Published Articles :
- Dr. V. Ramalingam : 14
- Dr. K.V.R.B. Vara Lakshmi : 13
- Dr. V. Ramalingam : 3
- Dr. K.V.R.B. Vara Lakshmi : 1 3
- Academic Council :
- Dr. V. Ramalingam : 05
- Dr. K.V.R.B. Vara Lakshmi : 03
- Under UCG-CPE Funds the Department has purchased 92 books and Library Books and One Computer with Internet facility.
- Raksha Jain and K. Ramana recently got Pratibha Awards.
- Some students got I and II Prizes in Bhagavadgeetha competition.