Department of Management Studies
Year of Establishment : 1991-92
Mission : “Developing Virtuous Managers”.
Courses offered : MBA (since 1991-92)
BBA ( since 2019-20)
The Post-Graduate Department of Management Studies was established in the academic year 1991-92 with the introduction of the M.B.A Programme , a two year Master’s Degree Programme in the Business Administration. It is the third affiliated College to start M.B.A Programme in the Andhra University area. The first batch of the MBA Programme was inaugurated on 6-7-1992 by Prof. K.K. Das who was the first Professor of the Andhra University,Visakhapatnam. From 2016-17 onwards Adikavi Nannaya University ,Rajamahendravaram has become the parent University. From a small beginning, the Department of Management Studies has emerged as a premier Management Institution among the affiliated colleges of Andhra and Adikavi Nannaya Universities in terms of its academic performance and Research activity. The M.B.A. Programme is being approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (A.I.C.T.E),New Delhi since 1994 and it obtained the Autonomous Status on 17th July 2020.
The MBA programme of Sri Y.N. College has a unique Mission of “Developing Virtuous Managers”. Starting with an intake of 30 students, the department has grown over a period of time by increasing its intake to 40 to 60 to 120 as on date.
Now the department is affiliated to Adikavi Nannaya University with effect from 2016-17’ academic year. The faculty members of the department are highly qualified.There are six Ph.D.s , Two M.Phil., and Two SLET qualified among the faculty members. Two members are pursuing their Ph.D.
The Department has Life time Institutional Membership in the Association of Indian Management Schools(AIMS) ( Membership No: AIMS/LF/AP/SZ/2533 )
Renowned Professors like Dr.V.Bala Mohan Das, Former Vice-Chancellor,(Retd.), Prof.G.Subrahmanyam , Prof.D.Pandu Ranga Rao, Prof.C.Suryanarayana, Prof. J.V.Prabhakar Rao, Prof.R.Satya Raju, Prof. D.Prabhakar Rao, Prof.I.Murali Krishna Rao, Prof.M.Lakshmipathi Raju Prof.V.Krishna Mohan, Prof.K.Ram Mohan, Prof.N.Sambasiva Rao, Prof.K.Sudharshan Rao and so on from Andhra University, Prof.P.Subbarao, Sri.Venkateswara University, Prof.R.Prabhakararaya, Pondicherry University, Prof.G.Ramesh, Goa University, Prof.Chandra Sekhar, Sri.Venkateswara University and several executives from the corporate field have visited the college and delivered guest lectures, organized seminars and workshops.
Initially Andhra University granted Research Centre to the MBA department in 2014. This is one of the highest achievements of the department and it is the only department in the entire West Godavari District to have such a status. Later in 2017, Adikavi Nannaya University granted Research Centre to the Department Four faculty members namely Dr. N. Chinta Rao, Dr. R. Pardhasaradhi, Dr. Ch. Srinivas and Dr. G.S. Rama Krishna have been recognized as the research guides for guiding M.Phil and Ph.D. Scholars (Full-time and Part-Time).
From the RCET 2018 the University granted 1Full time PhD Scholar to Dr.R. Pardhasaradhi and from RCET 2019, Nine PhDs Scholars ( 3 Full time and 6 Part time) are allotted to the Centre. Dr.R.Pardhasaradhi,Dr.Ch.Srinivas and Dr.G.Ramakrishna are given 3 Scholars each.
Course Details :
ELIGIBILITY For MBA :
Any graduate with second class percentage with a qualifying rank in ICET.
MBA Course Structure :
- Two Year Programme with four semesters.
- Seven papers in each semester.
- Summer internship for eight weeks during May-June at the end of first year.
- Computer lab practicals in second semester.
- Viva-Voce at the end of fourth semester.
- Total Marks 3000 (28 papers, Summer project and Viva-Voce)
- Dual specialisation
- Financial Management & Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management & Marketing Management
Intake and Fee Details :
- Total Intake: 120 per batch.
- Fee particulars: Rs. 30,600/- per Annum.
Faculty Name, Designation and Working Since :
- Dr. N. Chinta Rao, M.Com., Ph.D. ,Professor & Director, Working since August 1990
- Dr. R. Pardhasaradhi, M.B.A., Ph.D., SLET qualified, Associate Professor & Head,Working since August 1991
- Dr. Ch. Srinivas, M.Com., M.B.A., Ph.D.Associate Professor & Placement and HRD officer Working since October 1994
- Dr. A.V. Ramana, M.B.A.,Ph.D, Associate Professor, SET qualified Working since November 1995
- Mr. G. Ranga Babu, M.Sc. (Stat.),Assistant Professor, M.Sc. (Maths), M.B.A., M. Phil., (Ph.D)., Working since March 1999
- Dr. G.S. Rama Krishna, Associate Professor M.A.(IRPM)., M.B.A., B.L., Ph.D., Working since September 2005
- Dr.P.Venkata Subba Rao, Assistant Professor, M.A.,M.A.,M.B.A.,Ph.D.,SLET qualified.,Working since January 2001
- Mr.I.Prabhakara Rao, Assistant Professor, M.A English (Lit).,M.B.A., Working since july 2020
- Mr.M.Manikya Rao, Assistant Professor,M.B.A.,MHRM.,MA.,B.ED.,M. Phil.,(Ph.D).,Working since August 2020
- Mrs.K.Kalpana,Lecturer,M.A.,M.B.A.,Working since December 2020
- Ms.K.Geeta priyadarsini,Programmer,M.com.,PGDCA.,Working since December 2020
Designation Number :
- No. of Associate Professors: 4
- No. of Assistant Professors: 6
- No. of Doctorates: 6
- No. of M.Phils.: 2
- SLET/SET Qualified: 2
- The Department Has A Separate Two-Storeyed Building With:
- Four Lecture Halls
- Computer Lab With 100 Systems And 10 Mbps Internet Facility
- A/C Seminar Hall With LCD Facility
- A/C Conference Hall
Highlights Of The Department:
- “Conceptual foundations of Business” is offered in the first week of the first semester
- The department developed 4 Memorandum Of Understandings with
- Delta Paper Mills, Vendra
- Lace Park, Sitharampuram.
- Gowthami Solvent Oils Pvt. Ltd, Tanuku.
- Trikuta Labs, Hyderbad
Publications Of The Faculty Members:
- Dr. R. Pardhasaradhi – 3
- Dr. Ch. Srinivas – 4
- Dr. G.S. Rama Krishna – 4
Articles published :
- All the faculty members published more than 100 Articles in National & International Journals and Magazines.
Learning Resources :
- MBA Text books in the main library – 12,100
- Text books in the department library – 104
Journals & Magazines :
- International Journals :12
- National Journals :12
- The department publishes a PLACEMENT BROCHURE every year and sends to different companies.
Companies Visited In Campus Placements:
- CIPLA International, Vijayawada.
- Reliance Insurance, Vijayawada.
- ING Vysya Bank, Hyderabad.
- Anzy Careers Pvt. Ltd., Bengalore
- Shriram General Insurance, Nellore
- Axis Bank, Vijayawada
- First American Pvt. Ltd., Bengalore
- Suvarna Bhoomi Developers, Visakhapatnam
- HDFC Bank, Hyderabad
- Most of the students are absorbed in the in-campus and off-campus drives.
Guest Lectures :
- As part of the curriculum the Department organizes guest lectures by inviting eminent Professors and experienced managers from the academic and industry fields. More than 500 lectures have been arranged since the inception of the course.
Industrial Visits :
- The department, as a part of Experiential learning, takes students to industries located in the neighbouring districts for short visits.
- Companies Visited:
- Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, Visakhapatnam
- Hindustan Shipyard, Visakhapatnam
- Visakhapatnam Port Trust, Visakhapatnam
- BHPV, Visakhapatnam
- Special Economic Zone, Visakhapatnam
- Nagarjuna Fertilisers and Chemicals Ltd., Kakinada
- Gowthami Solvent Oils and Spinning Mills., Tanuku
- Lace Park, Narsapur
- Delta Paper Mills., and so on…..
- The department, in order to prevent the menace of ragging, has initiated the formation of Anti-Ragging Force by involving final year students and the faculty members.
- The department is striving towards excellence with a Mission of “Developing Virtuous Managers” with a special focus on improving Soft- Skills and the overall character of the students.
- The MBA students of 2012-14 batch initiated an innovative practice in the extension activities under the name “SAHAYA” on 12th January of 2013.
- MOTTO: “EACH ONE – HELP ONE”
- Helping poor students
- Financial assistance to cancer affected poor children.
- Sponsoring food in old age homes.
- Donating stationery items, fruits, biscuits to orphans, Visually Challenged and differently-abled students.
- Blood Donations