Profile of the Department
The Department of Mathematics was established in the year 1995-96 under the able guidance of the Management of Sri Y.N. College. The Mathematics Course was inaugurated by Prof.K.L.N.Swamy,Andhra University. The Department has successfully completed 21 years of its existence and successfully sent 20 batches from the institution. The department of Mathematics is striving hard towards academic qualitative education and has five members comprising one Honorary Professor. The department is well structured with competent, committed and experienced faculty.
Prof. V.Subba Rao, retired from IIT,Chennai, has been working as an Honorary Professor since 2003. He Visited Hamburg University, Hamburg, Germany as DAAD fellow many times and several papers on the research work with his students were presented and published in Indian and Foreign Journals. He has supervised Ph.D., theses and many M.Sc., projects during his tenure at IIT, Chennai.
Recently our department has Affiliated to Adi Kavi Nannaya University.The department is also conducting lecture method, seminars, assignments, workshops, quiz programmes, question-answer session, mentor ward system, power point presentations, internet based learning, ICT etc.
- Our Department has one computer with internet facility, 45 CD’s, Mat lab, Statistical Packages, Prof. Srinivasa Ranujan’s Collections (The Lost Note Book).
Important Mile Stones :
- In 2003, Sri V. Ramana Rao qualified in GATE examination.
- In 2005, Sri G.Kamakshi qualified in GATE examination.
- In 2007, Sri G.Rangababu awarded M.Phil.
- In 2007, Smt P.Chandra Lalitha awarded M.Phil.
- In 2013, Ms.N.L.Tejaswi got University Wide Ist rank and bagged Gold Medal from Andhra University.
M.Sc. Mathematics :
- Affiliated to Adi Kavi Nannaya University
Total Marks :
- B.Sc., Mathematics background students (i.e. ,MPC , MPE, MPCS ,MECS and Qualifying APPGCET Examination.
Approved Intake :
- Total intake 40 per batch
- Total Number of text books: 1150
- Journals in the library: 05
Highlights of the Department:
- Our Honorary Professor is guiding One Ph.D. student and One M.Phil. Student.
- The department staff attended state level and national level seminars ,workshops and also papers presented (one research paper) and published in the last five years.
- As a part of Consultancy or Linkage, recently the Tahsildar of Narsapur, gave an offer letter regarding Surveys & Administration work in the Revenue department free of cost to the P.G. Department of Mathematics, Dr.C.S. Rao P.G. Centre, Sri Y.N. College.
- Giving free coaching to the Degree students for competitive examinations, collaborating with the UG Department.
- Most of the students got Teaching jobs. Some of the students got Software jobs and other sectors.
Innovations and Best Practices:
- Giving AKNU CET Orientation Programme to Degree final year students of various colleges.
- Our staff member Mr.G.Rangababu also deals with the Mathematical and Statistical papers of M.B.A. & M.C.A. Departments.
- Conducting Anti-Ragging Awareness Programmes in the Campus.
- AIDS awareness,
- Anti-corruption rally,
- Peace rally conducted by Gandhian Studies Centre of Sri Y.N.College,
- Back to School Campaigns organized by institution.
- Actively participated & donated blood in the Camp organized by Red Cross Blood Bank, Tanuku & those conducted by our college.
- Students actively participated & distributed sweets & fruits to the Blind and Poor people on the occasion of Birthday of Prof. Srinivasa Ramanujan.